STUDENTS ARE BEING HARASSED ON THEIR COLLEGE CAMPUSES.
- 67% of students experienced harassment on campus
- 61% witnessed another student being harassed on college campus
- Only 18% of students had not experienced or witnessed harassment on campus
HARASSMENT LIMITS STUDENTS’ ABILITY TO LEARN.
- 46% of students said harassment caused disappointment with college experience
- 20% said harassment caused inability to concentrate in class
- 23% said harassment prevented attendance in class/social activities
CURRENT CAMPUS SYSTEMS AND PROCESSES FALL SHORT.
- 55% of college administrators said that current systems to report and address harassment are not sufficient
- Only 17% of students said that they reported harassment to a person of authority